Perfect for a luxury break, Shambhala has four elegant double rooms, two shower rooms and three loos. Three of the bedrooms have spectacular river views while one looks out over the beautifully designed garden. The interior is hip and stylish, combining the ease of modern living and appliances with the classic luxury of well-appointed rooms designed for enjoyment. This attention to detail extends throughout the house and garden.
Shambhala is ideally situated for enjoying all the region has to offer. Wine enthusiasts and gourmets can tour the vineyards and markets, while historians can explore the chateaux. The riverside setting offers a wealth of sporting activities from the private landing stage and local kayaking centre.
- 4 double bedrooms (one bedroom has 2 singles), three of which have spectacular river views whilst the other one looks out over the beautifully designed garden.
- Two of the bedrooms have doors that open out onto the roof terrace with breathtaking views of the Dordogne River. The garden bedroom (ensuite with bath, shower and WC) opens onto the fountain courtyard and has its own TV.
- 2 bathrooms. One with bath/shower and the other with shower.
- There are 4 seperate relaxing areas; the courtyard, roof terrace, private river garden and the Salle d'ete - all perfect for early evening cocktails. The Salle d'ete is especially designed for al fresco dining so that the charms of the region's produce and climate can be enjoyed in style.
- Private steps lead down to the Dordogne river edge allowing you to fish right at the foot of the property. Or why not use the boat which seats 6 people and enjoy the scenery from the river.
Amenities - Log Fire - Internet access - Large flat screen TV in sitting room, DVD player - CD player - Use of the boat (6 persons) - Private garden on the river - Roof terrace overlooking river with hammock - 4 new mountain bikes. - 2 travel cots and bedding.
*Please note, locations shown on the maps are approximations only
The welcoming climate and stunning scenery of the Dordogne encourage exploration, and the region has many treasures to delight wine connoisseurs, gourmets, artists and activity enthusiasts alike.
The chic bustle of St Emilion only twenty minutes from Shambhala offers stylish boutiques, contemporary fine art and world class restaurants. Following the Dordogne and Lot waterways will reward the explorer with many new delights, as charming villages and market towns such as Bergerac, Souillac and Cahors were established through trade along their banks.
Bordeaux is an elegant city filled with architectural delights. The visitor can enjoy the narrow streets of the old town, stunning 18th Century mansion houses, the neoclassical theatre and wide boulevards lined with boutique shops in this diverse and attractive city.
Along the Dordogne are many fine chateaux such as Beynac and Monpazier, mainly built for military action against England during the 100 Years’ War. Each summer only ten minutes from Shambhala a dramatic battle re-enactment is held at Castillon de Bataille. The home of the philosopher Michel Montaigne is only 10 minutes away, and there are fine Gallo-Roman mosaics to be seen in the neighbouring village of Montcaret.
The traditional French hamlet location is a peaceful centre from which to explore the region, with excellent amenities close by.
The local village of Pessac is a lazy walk along the Dorgogne where you can take a coffee, drink and pick up fresh croissants and papers whilst enjoying the beautiful countryside, vineyards, apple orchards and walnut groves. When you reach the village there is a small supermarket, boulangerie, tabacconist, hair salon and two restaurants. Slightly further out you have Castillon and Sante Foy that have larger supermarkets and various markets throughout the week which specialise in local produce.
The nearby Chateau Bauduc, favoured by Gordon Ramsay and Rick Stein, is a must for wine connoisseurs and offers a programme of tours and tastings, with private visits by arrangement. Wine tours of the many local vineyards are a wonderful chance to sample world-renowned names. Chateau Monbazillac is at Bergerac and St Emilion, Cahors and others are all nearby, offering a chance to sample outstanding wines on the soil where the grapes are grown.
To accompany the wines are many famous traditional cheeses, truffles, mushrooms, duck and goose delicacies such as foie gras. The wealth of gourmet produce makes this area a paradise for foodies, who will be delighted by the local markets of Castillon, Sante Foy and Libourne. This passion for fine produce is reflected in the many excellent restaurants throughout the region.
Travel Information Airport: Bordeaux and Bergerac approx 45 km. Railway: Veline. Ferry: Calais, St Malo and Dieppe.
If you have a passion for wines and want to know more about them, your time here will be delightfully spent. The owner, Kit organises very special wine tours of small groups to see famous cellars of St Emilion from the inside.
Kit is often on hand to advise on sightseeing and wine tours or to leave you in peace. She also runs art and wine courses.
- There is a midweek clean and laundry service available for €10 an hour. - There is also a local baby sitter that charges €15 an hour.
- Security deposit: £500. This is to be paid 4 weeks prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection. - Minimum stay: 7 days (flexibility in the low season). - Linen & towels: Included. - Energy costs: Included. - End of stay cleaning: Included. Please leave the property in the state you found it. This includes the oven and BBQ - please clean after use. - Arrival time: 4pm onwards. - Departure time: 10am. - Pets: Dogs allowed - £50 charge per dog applies. - Water Hazard: The property is near a river. Should an accident occur the owner or Simply Chateau does not accept responsibilty. Children must be closely supervised at all times. - Security: For insurance purposes, all exterior doors and windows must be locked when away from the property. The owner of the property will not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or consequential losses due to theft or any other security related incidents. - Smoking: No. - It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Great towns, beaches and food will see thousands holiday in a hotel, chateau...Seven nights' self-catering at Chateau Laroque, near Rodez in the Midi-Pyrenees region, is from £115pp, based on 14 people sharing...See simplychateau.com or call 0845 389 9582.
Call us now0845 389 9582
Tailor your holidays to the last detail
As holiday chateaux specialists we have all the experience in the world helping each and every one of our customers find the perfect chateau for the perfect holiday. All you need to do is provide us with any details you have of how you are imagining your dream holiday, and we'll find you the best property for you and your group. We'll make sure that every arrangement is planned to perfection and each element of your holiday has been refined. Transfers, catering, maid service, tours and activities can all be prearranged to your specific requirements...
Thank youYour enquiry has been sent to our specialist team and we will get back to you soon.