Bastide Bellegarde is a country style villa in the South of France with a private pool and 7000 m2 of private land with stunning views on the surrounding vineyards and the Pyrenees mountains.
The spacious interior of this property is newly decorated in an elegant, contemporary and natural style. There is a large living area with an integrated kitchen. There is a modern dining room with views on the garden and vineyards. The house is on 2 floors with 2 bedrooms on the ground floor with en-suite bathrooms and walk-in showers and 4 bedrooms on the 1st floor. The bedrooms are spacious with views across the country, vineyards and Pyrenees mountains.
Bastide Bellegarde is surrounded by vineyards and fields in a secluded, quiet location, with grounds that are 7'000 m2 with lawn and trees overlooking the mountains and vineyards.
The terrace is 50 m2 with furniture & deck chairs for up to 12 adults and 6 children. The large 10x5 Pool is situated fenced and has natural shades.
The house is comprised of 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (3 en-suite), a large double living-room & dining room and spacious kitchen.
The Ground-floor is comprised of 2 double bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms and their own terrace. There is an open kitchen with a traditional 6 hotplates range cooker, dishwasher, micro wave, and an american fridge serving crushed ice and water. The lounge area is spacious with satellite flat screen TV, sound system, Free Wi-Fi and comfortable seating. The dining room is modern with views across the garden. The terrace is accessible via 3 double doors.
The 1st floor offers 2 large double bedrooms and 2 twin rooms convertible into large double bedrooms,1 en-suite bathroom & 1 bathroom with contemporary standing bath & walk-is shower. Views across the country, vineyards and mountains from all the bedrooms.
Facilities include: Internet Access, Private ourdoor pool, air conditioning, tv, dc player, satellite TV and WiFi.
*Please note, locations shown on the maps are approximations only
The Villa is situated in the heart of the Cathare country. 30 km south of Carcassonne, 100km to Toulouse and 100km to the Mediterranean coast.
Access: Railway station: Limoux. Bus service. For arrivals by plane: Carcassonne Airport(CCF) 25 km or Toulouse-Blagnac Airport (TLS) 93km.
Nearest airport: Carcassonne (25 km), Toulouse (93km) Nearest village: Belveze-du-Razes (3km) Nearest golf: Domaine d'Auriac, Carcassonne (28 km) Nearest ski resort: Mont d'Olmes (50 km)
From the family-friendly coastline full of beaches and activity opportunities to the historic Cathar Country inland, the Aude in Languedoc-Roussillon has it all:
1. World heritage sites The Aude boasts two UNESCO listed landmarks – the fortified city of Carcassonne and the Canal du Midi. Parts of Carcassonne were once in disrepair but its medieval ramparts and towers saved from demolition. The Aude is also home to a 100km section of the Canal du Midi, an impressive 235km in total.
2. Exceptional architecture In Cathar Country, medieval castles abound. Catharism was a religious dissidence developed in 13th century Languedoc. It was fought against in the Albigensian Crusade (1209) and eradicated in the 14th century but castles such as those in Peyrepertuse, Quéribus and Villerouge can be visited.
3. The Aude mark of quality The ‘Pays Cathare’ trademark identifies a range of quality products and services offered by local people in the Aude. From booking your stay to seeing the various sites and tasting food and drink from the area, put your trust in the blue label and enjoy the tourist professionals’ personalised welcome.
4. House boat holidays Get back to nature and journey slowly down the Canal du Midi. The greenery provides a beautiful backdrop for boating and a peaceful place for birds and other animals to live. There are ample opportunities to wave at people walking, talk to lock keepers, moor up and wander into town to stock up on provisions.
5. Coastal resorts From the mouth of the river Aude to the lake of Leucate are some fine sandy beaches and seaside resorts, including: Narbonne-Plage, La Palme and Port La Nouvelle, where people of all ages gather to top up their tans, cool off in the water and enjoy a wide range of other open air activities all year round. The Languedoc is one of France’s sunniest areas.
6. Land of plenty As the celebrated Carcassonne-born chef, Prosper Montagné, once said, “On ne fait du bon qu’avec du trés bon” (“Good cooking is only possible with very good produce”). Thankfully, the Aude is a table heaving with shellfish from the sea, plus game, olive oil, goats’ cheese, honey and cassoulet from the mountains. All are enhanced by the superb appellation wines. http://www.languedoc-wines.com
7. The Cathar Trail Of the 3,000km of designated hiking paths in the Aude, the 200km Cathar Trail comes highly recommended. It runs from the Mediterranean all the way to the Pyrénées and offers a real invitation to discover a wide variety of landscapes with a number of medieval castles dotted along the way.
8. Cultural events Carcassonne Festival in the summer brings together over 100 performances, including opera, dance, theatre and music, most of which you can watch free of charge. For music lovers, Fugue en Aude Romane spans two weeks in July and involves a series of concerts held in abbeys.
9. Sporting competitions The coastline of Narbonne is one of the best windsurfing spots in the world. More recently, kite surfing and kite flying have also taken off. Competitions make great spectator sports for the uninitiated but in the absence of these, it is common to find would be competitors practising on the waterfront.
10. Colourful markets One of the largest is in Carcassonne, held on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings at Place Carnot in the town centre. Castelnaudary has a food market on Monday morning and the market at Lézignan-Corbières takes place in the centre of the commune on Wednesday mornings. Visit Limoux on a Friday for more fresh local produce.
Please enquire for Catering and Services
- Security deposit: £1000. This is paid prior to arrival and will be refunded in full after departure subject to damage inspection. - Linen & towels: All linen and bath towels are included in the rental price. - Energy costs: Included in the rental price. - End of stay cleaning: Included in the rental price. - Arrival time: 4pm onwards. - Departure time: 10am. - Pets: No. - Smoking: No smoking in the property. - It is recommended that all guests take out insurance to cover against potential cancellation and any accidental damage caused during your stay at the property.
Lived up to expectations
Posted by Anon .on 29/05/2013
Bastide Bellegarde lived up to expectations and we had a really delightful holiday. There were neat and clean, fresh towels and linens on the table. It was a super nice villa which had everything. One should be aware that the villa is in the countryside far away from the shops. I will again try to rent again and recommend it on to friends and acquaintances.
Body and soul are rejuvenated
Posted by Anon .on 29/05/2013
The Bastide Bellegardeis perfectly situated between the Mediterranean Sea and the mountains (the Pyrenees), on a hill surrounded by vineyards.. It inspires to travel in time where the vine and purple reigned. Time age no longer flows in those places where body and soul are rejuvenated. The comfort and amenities, its pleasant interiors make the departure reluctant ... to better return.. The stay is unforgettable..
Wonderful and quiet place
Posted by Anon .on 29/05/2013
Bastide Bellegarde is a wonderful and quiet place for a nice and relaxing holiday. Rooms are large and very well furnished, and some have private en suite bathroom. The villa also has a very large and enjoyable common area on the ground floor. In the summer you will certainly appreciate the beautiful garden and ideal swimming pool. I had a wonderful time there!
Posted by Anon .on 28/05/2013
We stayed in Bastide Bellegarde last year and had a great time in this fantastic house from the moment we had our very warm welcome, to when we reluctantly handed the keys back.
The house exterior is a traditional Country French Villa which has been beautifully renovated. It is so peaceful, there is complete privacy and you will never be short of space.
The outdoor swimming pool was not open when we visited out of season, but I can appreciate what a great addition it would be in the Summer for a group of family and friends.
There are spectacular views across the countryside, vineyards and mountains from all of the bedrooms which makes for a wonderfully romantic sight especially at night time.
The very spacious interior has been fitted with lovely contemporary fixtures and furniture. It is spotlessly clean and finished to a very high standard.
The bathrooms are excellent and very special as you can see from the pictures.
The kitchen is extremely well equipped with everything you would ever need and has a great range cooker and huge fridge!
The situation of the villa is perfect as a relaxing retreat to come back to after a day visiting so much that the Languedoc-Roussillon area has to offer
I would highly recommend this Villa and would love to return again.
The Bendall’s, Somerset.
Chateau breaks in France are becoming increasingly popular, whether the occasion is a romantic getaway, a family holiday or an extravagant wedding; Simply Chateau offers value for money.
Call us now0845 389 9582
Tailor your holidays to the last detail
As holiday chateaux specialists we have all the experience in the world helping each and every one of our customers find the perfect chateau for the perfect holiday. All you need to do is provide us with any details you have of how you are imagining your dream holiday, and we'll find you the best property for you and your group. We'll make sure that every arrangement is planned to perfection and each element of your holiday has been refined. Transfers, catering, maid service, tours and activities can all be prearranged to your specific requirements...
Thank youYour enquiry has been sent to our specialist team and we will get back to you soon.